Tuesday, June 30, 2009

first week


i can’t believe it has been a whole week since ryker was born.
here’s what’s been happening in our world.

ryker was born after 15 hours of labor
(14 hours after my water broke).
my body got tired after that long
and stopped having contractions.
at 9:45 pm, my doctor talked to
us about a c-section.
because ryker’s heart rate was going down
we decided to do the c-section.
(the recovery from the c-section
has been much easier than expected.
i’m convinced it is the better option
when it comes to having a baby)


graham got to watch the surgery
and loved seeing ryker being born.

graham taking ryker out of the operating room


and of course our family was there
to welcome ryker

the family with doctor yamashiro - the best doctor in the world!


ashley with ryker


chris r. with ryker


chris w. with ryker


ellie with her cousin
she has been so adorable with him.
she is excited that they share the same last name
and keeps talking about how she is going to read to him
and play tag with him when he is bigger


ryker had his first doctor appointment last week
and he is still doing great, of course!
he also had his first bath.
after his bath, we wrapped him
in his bathrobe but didn’t put the diaper on.
10 seconds after this
adorable picture was taken,
ryker pooped all over his dad.
we couldn’t stop laughing!


we are in love with this kid.
he is wonderful and so much fun.
here are just a couple more pictures
from his first week.
thank you everyone for all your
thoughts and prayers.
this is such an exciting time for us!









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing Anne, Ryker is absolutely adorable. So glad to hear he is doing well as I hope all of you are.
Enjoy

How are Nigel and Kylie with the new addition

Love Gail

Helen said...

Ryker is just beautiful! C section babies have the best heads:), and look at all of that hair! I'm so happy for you.

Tonee said...

Holy Cow Anne! He's beautiful and so handsome! I can't believe all that dark hair. And what woman...you like look so good and have your hair done and all. Man!!! I didn't get out of my pj's for like 3 months! Well, of course I have to think my baby's the cutest in the world, but Ryker is definitely a close second! He's seriously beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again Anne and Graham! Ryker's adorable and ya both look great!

Love,
Courtney

Anonymous said...

Hey mom I just found this today on 4/11/23 and this is pretty cool that I hav my own website about me