Sunday, June 7, 2009

baby shower weekend

knowing i can’t have spicy food during
the first couple months while breast feeding
because it will upset the baby’s tummy,
graham took me out friday night to my favorite
thai restaurant to enjoy panang curry
before my obligatory hiatus.

later that night i started to feel
pains and tightening in my belly.

despite the logical reasoning this was
due to the curry and because i had pushed it
when i cleaned the whole house early that evening,
i thought i was going into labor.

and while i did not have any of the signs of labor
as described by all the baby books, i was convinced
the baby was coming that night.

when nothing happened by midnight,
i decided to go to bed, certain i would wake up
a few hours later ready to go to the hospital.

so i was a little disappointed to wake up
saturday morning at 7:00 am
with no more pains or tightening.

i know a few weeks ago i said
i wanted the baby to come late
but after two bad days of kicks in the ribs
and baby sitting on my bladder,
i now prefer he make an early appearance.

it was a good thing he didn’t come early though
because saturday was my baby shower.
and it was unbelievably beautiful!

my mom and sister put together
an extraordinary and very sophisticated event
and with the help from nichole, my dad, sharon, chris, and graham,
the whole event was perfect

i am so blessed to have such an incredible
family who put so much into giving
me, graham, and the baby
a wonderful baby shower.

thank you to my family and to graham’s family.
our son is surrounded by love.
i couldn’t ask for a better gift.

isn’t the yard beautiful?


center pieces


baby carriage fruit bowl my dad (the chef) made


shrimp bowl ashley made - the bowl is made of ice with lemons and limes


drinks - sparkling lemonade


drinks – water bottles


yummy desserts


gifts for the guests – basil, the herb of love


food – noodles with peanut sauce, lettuce, peppers, and chicken
all the food was cooked by dad, ashley, and mom
and served to the guests by chris and graham
(ashley made the guys wear white shirts with khaki shorts,
it was the cutest idea ever!)


guests


(i love the back of my dress)


eating


my cousin andrea and her 7 week old son kellen
(andrea and I are 8 weeks apart so we are hoping
our sons will be close to 8 weeks apart…)


hannah – my best friend’s beautiful daughter




guests


laughing when everyone heard the story of graham
accidently killing his pet frog when he hugged it too tight


hannah laughing at all the jokes


opening gifts – i love summer and feeling the sun on my skin!


friends


my brother sleeping on the grass after his
exhausting career attempt at being a food server


laughing when I didn’t understand how the toy works


cute gifts – our friend sandy made this and i love it!


my beautiful sister ashley who planned the whole event


more laughing


my parents’ dogs who happily ate anything left behind by hannah


this is how louie runs - crooked and with a little hop


more party details - i am still amazed at
all the details ashley and mom put into the shower


my mom holding kellen


the handsome boys – our chef and servers


the plane my dad gave the baby - it matches the nursery perfectly




graham is the best looking guy and most wonderful husband! i am so lucky!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Everything looks so beautiful. Must say having the guys as waiters was a great idea and they sure look good. Ashley and Laurel, you do such an incredible job at putting things together. I would have loved to have been there. Will see all of you soon and we can welcome our newest member of the family.

Tonee said...

Wow! Very extravagant! Everything looked so beautiful. I can't believe you are going to have a little bambino in just a few weeks (or less :), and yes, it does get quite uncomfortable there at the end!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I could melt the miles away so that we could have been there. The yard looks so lovely, the food (oh, the food...), the wait staff (wow!) and you Anne (you are so incredibly radiant). The big picture and all of the details give me goosebumps. I just love it!

We're anxiously awaiting Baby's arrival. Until then, hold the curry, sleep tight and know that we are all thinking about you.

Love,

Shelley

Anonymous said...

Wow, Anne & Graham it appears that you had a shower from a story book . It all looks so perfect. Ashley and Laurel, your efforts are very obvious and only can be carried out with love. I don't think there was anything missed.

As Shelley said, oh, if only we could melt away the miles,

Love Gail

ryker weddick said...

that is my dad hi dad