Thursday, October 14, 2010

"o'doyle rules" and other funny stories

graham's brothers and my brother
will be very pleased to know that
i finally played a successful prank.
i always try to play pranks
but always get caught.
(they say i'm not sneaky enough).

well, graham got played.

gray kept kicking the soccer ball at me.
annoyed, i told him to stop "or else."
knowing that "or else" is a harmless threat
he continued to kick the ball at me.

resolved to finally get him back,
i taped rows of clear packing tape
across the frame of our bedroom door.
i quickly got ready for bed
and turned out the lights.

i eagerly listened as graham
walked upstairs and down the hall.
moving at a good speed, his face smashed
right into the rows of tape.

i couldn't stop laughing for ten minutes.
it was hilarious to see his face
smushed up in the tap. it was even better
to watch him peel the tap off his face.

hey graham - "o'doyle rules!"
i guess "or else" is something to contend with.

my second funny story is about ryker.
ryker is now learning animals and sounds.
when we ask him what a piggy says,
he puts his finger on his nose and pushes it up
and instead of snorting,
he blows his nose.
he is the funniest kid!
this age is definitely my favorite.

the third "funny" story is only funny because
(generally) it is funny when people fall.

i started my new job this week.
sorry about the cliffhanger last time -
i was recently promoted to communication director
for our parent company. so i had to leave some
really good friends and projects and move
to the downtown offices.

the first day on the job
did not go as well as expected.
around 10:00 a.m. i decided to head to the
food court to get a drink.
i started my descent down the marble steps
when somehow i fell.

i don't know what happened but at the end,
my shoes were still on the top step and i had
tumbled, rolled, and stopped on the last step.
i was mortified but only had one spectator.

now i'm sporting no less than five spectacular
bruises on my legs and top of my feet.
i am completely fine so now people can
laugh at my first impression on the
first day of my new job.

when will i outgrow clumsiness?

1 comment:

Chris Weddick said...

um Anne maybe graham played a prank on you at your new work. just maybe. and take better care of yourself. geesh