Monday, April 13, 2009

love

I love being pregnant.

I love feeling him squirm and kick.
I love the “alien-like” movements when
he keeps his foot or elbow extended for a
few seconds so I have an odd shaped bump.

I love that he keeps kicking
even when other people
put their hands on my belly.

I love hearing his heart beat
at every doctor appointment,
knowing he is doing great.

I love his kicks when I turn on Pandora Radio
on my iPhone and put it on my belly.
Graham thinks he is kicking because he
doesn’t like my music choice.


He is so active and kicks so much,
I have to try hard not to prescribe
a life of soccer for him.
Yes, I know all babies kick but
our kid is super active all day and night.


Given the fact that he is a Weddick
(Graham plays competitive soccer for two leagues)
and because my brother is an amazing soccer player,
a soccer life seems inevitable.

I have 10 more weeks before my due date.
I am excited to see our son
But I will miss his kicks.

1 comment:

Chris Weddick said...

we can probably continue the kicks if you would like