Sunday, April 19, 2009

destruction

The dogs Graham and I adopt
usually have destructive tendencies

Let us remember Atticus-
our black Great Dane who
ate a whole through the wall

Kylie and Nigel are no exception.

A few things they have destroyed:
  • A refrigerator cord

  • A refrigerator handle

  • The top railing of a new deck

  • 2 trees (1 indoor and 1 outdoor)

  • Several baseboards

  • A bean bag chair

  • A couple beams from another deck

  • Many potted plants

  • A watering pail

  • Two dog beds

  • Endless toys and ropes


  • And now we have two more things to add.

    Last week I came home to find our
    recliner scattered around the house
    thanks to Nigel

    Then yesterday Kylie tried to give me
    a large bird she had caught and killed

    She has always chased birds and finally got one.
    The destructive part, however, was that she
    plucked the bird down to the skin
    before disembodying it

    It was the most horrifying thing - ever

    When I didn’t take the bird from her,
    she tried to take it inside the house.
    You can only imagine my screams.

    Now my neighbors probably think I am crazy
    And now I think my dog is little sadistic

    4 comments:

    Tonee said...

    Wow Anne! You are a saint for loving these beasts...he he he, just kidding! I would have kicked them out long ago...but seriously how do you handle all the destruction!?!?!?

    Chris Weddick said...

    I will take her

    Anonymous said...

    Oh my!

    My, my, my ...

    Yikes!

    Shelley

    Anonymous said...

    Have to love those puppies